Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 15, 2011

Cookout at the Chill-Villa


Most stereotypical picture I've ever taken.


GordoBitties

Today, on this beautiful Friday night, me and my colleague decided to head down to the Villa and put in some work on the grill. We decided on our usual Butcher Ribeyes, about 1.2 lb. each, and this time, the steaks were grilled to absolute perfection; perfect grill marks, beautiful fat render, and a warm, pink center. I decided to make our grill sesh a cookout, and invited a few good friends for a GordoVille Cookout: Jess and her friends Morgan and Kelley from Cheese country. Ofcourse the girls we invited ate hotdogs, and knew alot better than to ask for some steak. Anyway, I digress, the steaks and dogs were on point, except for.....Ahhh this is hard to admit..... I let 4 of the dogs roll off the grill. Now mind you the grill was broken and slanted, but still, a good craftsman never blames his tools. As we hopped into my private pool, the water was a crisp, cool temperature that contrasted nicely with the heat of the day, and that washed over our sense of first impressions. However, me and young J got a little bored when the girls decided to keep their heads above water, so that Jess could keep her fro from coming to life. Anyway, the cookout came to a nice close, with Kelley having trouble opening the door for the 4th time. It was a chill grill sesh, and it'll soon be repeated.

The Trademark Steak-Toast


1.2lb. Ribeyes
 

No comments:

Post a Comment